Here are a few of the common ones that we get, along with answers to the questions. We will add to this list when we get more FAQs. Contact us if any of your questions are not answered here.
How does the Dual Citizen Global (DCG) services differ from the other Citizenship by Investment Programme (CIP) service providers?
You get from us all the services you and your family need to become citizens of Antigua and Barbuda, without any ‘middle-men’. DGC takes care of the whole process from the first contact to the delivery of passports as well of the relocation services you might need thereafter. Our CIP Agent, Mr. Jermaine Rhudd, is also an Attorney at Law which gives you the certainty of professional legal services being provided when needed. We have a transparent fee structure and fair payment schedule for the fees, you pay to us in line as the application process goes on.
Who is the Citizenship by Investment Programme (CIP) of Antigua and Barbuda for?
The CIP program is the right fit for high net worth individuals who would benefit from a second citizenship in the following ways:
- Increased mobility & the freedom of travel, with the ability to visit 165 jurisdictions across the world
- Increased security of dual citizenship
- Financial benefits of tax relief on worldwide income
- New business & career opportunities
- Diversified investment opportunity that combines citizenship with subscription in shares and fractional real estate, Business Investments etc.
- An exciting lifestyle in an idyllic tropical island
- Increased education options for children
What are the benefits of citizenship of Antigua & Barbuda?
The CIP program for Antiguan citizenship includes exciting benefits such as:
Global mobility with a powerful passport
• Visa-free access to 165 jurisdictions, including the Schengen countries, UK, Switzerland, Singapore and Hong Kong
• Easy connectivity through state-of-the-art new airport, to New York, London, Miami and Toronto daily
Tax-relief under the CIP program
• No tax on worldwide income
• No capital gains tax or dividends tax
• No gift, wealth and inheritance tax
Enjoy Dual Citizenship
• Maintain your existing citizenship under the CIP program
• Be assured of privacy, as no information of applicants is shared with existing country of citizenship & names of applicants are not published
Convenient terms & fast application process
• No requirement to travel to Antigua & Barbuda during the application process
• Just five days of mandatory residence is required within five years to maintain citizenship, dependent under the age of 18 are exempt of this.
• Fast-tracked application processing that takes approximately 3–5 months to receive the Antiguan passport
Unique, diversified investment choices
• You can invest in either to a Government Fund, real estate or make a Business Investment.
• DGC Investor Platform gives you a unique opportunity to diversify your investment portfolio between the best investment options available in Antigua.
Extend benefits to the family
• The CIP program includes family members as well dependent children up to 28 years & dependent parents/grandparents over 58 years are eligible to apply along with the main applicant.
What is the process and time frame for applying to the Citizenship by Investment Programme (CIP) of Antigua and Barbuda?
The process for applying to the CIP program consists of the following steps:
Step 1 (usual time frame 1 to 8 weeks):
- The applicant contacts Dual Citizen Global (DCG) to find out the best possible terms for the CIP application including the choice of the investment to be made
- Depending on the applicant’s choice of investment there are arranged either online presentations/calls or a travel to Antigua and Barbuda
• The applicant signs the Service Agreement with DCG
• The applicant submits a copy of their passport, along with the payment for the 25% of the agreed total CIP Agent fees (non-refundable) and in case having chosen a real estate investment option 10% (refundable) deposit for it to the CIP Agent’s Escrow account.
Step 2 (1 week):
• Following the above, DCG issues a Welcome Letter and Information Pack to the applicant with all necessary forms and instructions
Step 3 (3 to 6 weeks):
• The applicant organizes required documents and signs the forms issued within Information pack; Certified English translations to be prepared when necessary
• The completed file is submitted to DCG for a review; possible amendments to be made
- When DCG has given approval for the documents the applicant will make to CIP Agent’s Escrow account 10% (non-refundable) payment for the Government Processing fee, 50% (non-refundable) payment for the agreed total CIP Agent fees and the payment for the Due Diligent fees (non-refundable)
Step 4 (1 week):
• The applicant’s file is submitted to the Citizenship by Investment Unit (CIU), Government of Antigua & Barbuda
Step 5 (3 to 4 months):
• The received application is processed within approximately 3 months
- The applicant will pay the remaining Government Processing fee (90%) and the remaining 25% of the agreed CIP Agent fees within 7 working days of approval
• Upon approval, the applicant pays the outstanding balance for the chosen investment option to the CIP Agent’s Escrow account within 7 working days
• Consequently, when invested in the real estate option the relevant counterparty issues share / ownership certificate within 14 working days of receiving funds
Step 6 (1 week):
• In case when invested in the NDF or UWI options the CIP Agent finalizes the investment process with them and submits proof of investment to the Citizenship by Investment Unit (CIU)
- In case when invested in the real estate option the CIP Agent submits proof of ownership to the Citizenship by Investment Unit (CIU)
• Subsequently, the naturalization certificate is issued by Government of Antigua & Barbuda
Step 7 (4-6 weeks):
• The applicant submits a passport application
• The applicant’s passport is issued within 30 days of application submission
Is the identity of the applicant publicly disclosed at any stage of the Citizenship by Investment Programme?
No. The privacy of the applicant is upheld at all stages of the application process. Applicants can rest assured, as there has never been an instance of public disclosure of details of the CIP program applicants.
What is the investment amount for Citizenship by Investment Programme?
The minimum investment is currently 100,000 USD to the National Development Fund (NDF) to apply for Citizenship of Antigua & Barbuda.
What are the main features of DCG Business Investor Platform?
Our Business Investor Platform is first of its kind in the Caribbean Region. It connects international investors and local businesses in Antigua and Barbuda. Both CIP and other investors can use the platform to receive information for investment opportunities available. The Investors can diversify their portfolio between many local businesses or establish their own investment company with our assistance. Local businesses can apply funding through our Platform for their business expansion.
Is a financing option available for application to the Citizenship by Investment program?
Please contact our Customer Service for further information about the current options available.
Is the Citizenship by Investment Programme available for citizens of all countries?
As per the circular issued by the Citizenship By Investment Unit, Government of Antigua & Barbuda, citizens of the following countries are not currently eligible to apply to the CIP program, unless individuals born in these restricted countries but who migrated before the age of majority and/or have maintained permanent residence in any country other than those on the restricted country list, for a period of not less than 10 years and maintain no economic ties to any restricted country:
- North Korea
Does the applicant need to travel to Antigua & Barbuda in order to apply?
No. The applicant does not have to travel to Antigua & Barbuda in order to apply for citizenship.
Does Antigua & Barbuda citizenship allow for dual citizenship?
Yes. The applicants of the Citizenship by Investment Programme can continue to maintain their existing citizenship as dual citizenship is allowed under the CIP program.
Can family members of the applicant apply for citizenship?
Yes. Family members of the primary applicant may apply for Antiguan Citizenship under the CIP program. Family members include the primary applicant’s spouse, dependent children up to 28 years, dependent parents and grandparents above 58 years of age.
What are the age requirements for eligibility to apply for citizenship?
In order to be eligible for the Citizenship by Investment Programme, the main applicant must be minimum 18 years of age.
How long is the application process?
The CIP program typically requires 3-5 months from application till the issuance of the Antiguan passport.
Where can I find the application forms?
Application forms for the CIP program are available for download on our website at the documents page
Who can I contact for help for understanding the application process?
Please share your query with us at our contact page or write to by email to email@example.com. We always look forward to hearing from you.
Which are the countries to which Antiguan citizenship allows visa free travel?
Antiguan Citizenship allows visa free travel to 165 jurisdictions as of today, including EU and the Schengen countries, Switzerland, Hong Kong and Singapore. Click here to see a complete list of countries.
What is the mandatory duration of residing in Antigua & Barbuda in order to maintain citizenship?
The mandatory duration of residing in Antigua & Barbuda is 5 days within the first 5 years of obtaining citizenship (dependent under the age of 18 are exempt of this).
What is the minimum period for holding the real estate or business investment in the Citizenship by Investment Programme?
According to the Citizenship by Investment Programme, the minimum period for holding the investment is 5 years.
Are there any restricted countries for CIP applicants?
The Cabinet of Antigua and Barbuda, at its meeting held on 26th February, 2020, updated the Restricted Countries List as follows:
- North Korea
Nationals of the countries listed are eligible to apply for citizenship in Antigua and Barbuda under the Citizenship by Investment Programme after having met the following criteria:
- Individuals born in these restricted countries but who migrated before the age of majority and/or have maintained permanent residence in any country other than those on the restricted country list, for a period of not less than 10 years and maintain no economic ties to any restricted country.